The MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE is designed to be at the CORE of two interacting MAXTRAX Products. The CORE SHACKLE is designed for use with the MAXTRAX WINCH RING 120. The MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE has been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third party branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition.
2. Prepare the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE by loosening and opening the loop sufficiently to allow it to slide over the knot.
3. Slide the loop over the knot.
4. Feed the loop of the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE through the MAXTRAX HITCH, MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE, MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE, MAXTRAX WINCH RING or the vehicle’s rated recovery point.
5. Slide the loop back over the knot or push the knot through the loop and pull both sides of the MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to tighten the loop, positioning the knot so that the loop pulls at 90 Degrees next to the knot.
6. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
7. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
8. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
9. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.
10. If the recovery is initially unsuccessful, try again with SLIGHTLY more momentum.